St. Augustine Traffic and DUI Defense Attorney
If you have been charged with a DUI, or other traffic violation, including felony DUI, DUI manslaughter, vehicular manslaughter or DUI resulting in serious bodily injury, you face severe potential consequences:
– If you face your second DUI charge and the first charge was over five years ago, you will also need to attend advanced DUI classes and pay for them.
– If you face your second DUI and the first charge was less than five years ago, you could pay a minimum fine, spend at least 10 days in jail
and lose your license for five years, with no possibility of a hardship license for 2 years.
– If you are charged with a third DUI within 10 years, or a fourth DUI you can face felony charges.
– DUI manslaughter can result in up to 15 years in prison.
Experienced Traffic Violation and DUI/DWI Defense..
Mowrey, Shoemaker, Beardsley, PL, can provide experienced legal defense for those charged with DUI (known as DWI in other states), and traffic violations. We can work to have your charges dismissed based on police error, and we can work to have your charge downgraded. We have successfully reduced felony charges to misdemeanor charges and DUI charges to reckless driving charges, and we can work to have prior convictions taken out of consideration when determining charges and sentencing. We can also attend your Department of Motor Vehicle (DMV) hearings.
Other common traffic violations include:
– Speeding tickets – Failing to signal – Passing a stopped school bus
– Driving too fast for conditions – Failing to yield – Racing
– Fleeing the scene – DWLS/R
If you have questions regarding traffic tickets or DUI defense, call us. We accept credit cards and we charge affordable rates. We are available for evening and weekend appointments and offer free initial consultations in criminal matters. Our offices are located in St. Augustine. Contact our experienced lawyers today.